Saturday, February 07, 2009




Christian.TV Launches Facebook competitor aimed at the Christian Marketplace.
Tulsa, Ok (Feb 9, 2009) - FaithOut.com, a brand new Faith Based Social Network intended to be a Christian Facebook Alternative launches this week with much excitement. Soft launch began at the beginning of October 2008 and already more than 5000 have flocked to the new website. FaithOut is a faith based social utility that connects people around their church, ministry, region, school or workplace. Users can upload all their favorite photos, tag their friends and family, share videos and music and find others around similar spiritual interests.



"There is enormous potential for FaithOut to bridge the gap not only between people’s online ‘social’ activities (blogging, photo sharing, messaging), but between individuals, churches, groups and ministries that all connect in one way or another offline." says Robbie Davidson, FaithOut Technology Architect.


In the final stages of development is FaithOut Ministry Suite. This one of a kind social tool will provide a white-label solution for churches, ministries and various organizations to build their own social networks to integrate into their websites or as a stand-alone feature. Many churches are petitioning to be part of the beta program for this all-in-one social solution for their congregations online.


"Social networking is where the church must go. Those organizations who embrace technology and go beyond simple internet marketing will build true community. Social Community (not Social Networking) is the missing link in a comprehensive internet strategy for the ministry of the modern era.” says Kally Hristov, President of Christian.TV

7 comments:

1dukefan said...

I logged on and created an account. I emailed some other people to see if they'd create an account, but no takers yet. Thought it would be cool to support a Christian site!

K-Fish said...

I also created an account. I suppose we need to set up 'fellowship' of some sort? Or did you already do that? I did a search on your name, and found it, but I am not finding you listed as person from our particular state. I registered with first name of K-Fish... with a last name no one would ever guess... wonder how a search for that works? ---K-Fish

K-Fish said...

By the way 1dukefan, were the pizza rolls good? :-)

K-Fish said...

Freakish sort of site it was, I have to say... It will be interesting to here what everyone else thinks..

1dukefan said...

Pizza rolls...awesome.

The only thing I did was set up an account for me. My colleague set one up for him as well and we became friends on that site. We just had to add one another as friends.

It's very similar to facebook, but I thought it would be nice to support this one because it's a Christian site. I'll look you up and see if I can find you as a friend. Was it just K-Fish??

K-Fish said...

I am not familiar with Facebook. I can see now, why I have previous high school friends wanting me to get set up on it. I suppose the potential for www.faithout.com will be realized if other people we know sign up. I don't suppose that this would have to be just limited to the Christian men we know.

1dukefan said...

No anyone could sign up on it. I'm not for sure what's different from faithout.com and facebook.com, except one claims to be Christian oriented. I haven't been on faithout.com enough to tell the difference, but I'll keep looking and posting things on faithout.com.