Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mark of the Beast post, not Beauty and the Beast


I was listening to a preacher this morning. He was preaching about how the bible doesn't tell us to take demons captive, but to take our thoughts captive. He said that a thought, or a word creates an image in our mind, an image turns into an imagination as we process it and dwell on it, and an imagination can turn into a stronghold in our mind. The wrong kind of thinking, or strongholds, can lead to a whole lot of problems in our lives as well as open doors for evil to wreak havoc in our lives. He said part of the concept of the word 'captive' was wielding a sword to take the thought captive. He said the Word of God is our sword, that we can wield it when we have wrongful thinking show up in our brains. He said believe what God has said in the Bible so when you speak it to take thoughts captive, God's Word will have power in your life.

Now for some 'light-hearted' stuff. Rick has posted a blog dedicated to the
Mark of the Beast. The whole business of the 'mark' seems pretty serious to me, but some of this post seems fairly creative/clever.

2 comments:

ricki said...

My guess is that you are a "pre-trib" kinda guy so you shouldn't have to be concerned. It's us "post-tribbers" that should be worried.

K-Fish said...

I am a "pre-trib" kinda guy, listening for a trumpet blast and looking for Jesus coming on the clouds to bring me up to Him, changed in a twinkling of an eye, having put on incorruption!

I wonder, will I leave a pile of clothes behind?

What will happen to my dog?

Will my truck sit some where and run until the gas tank is empty?

Will I still look like me?

I am so glad I don't really have to figure all that out!

Jesus I believe in You, You are my God.