Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Da Vinci Code


I bought a little book co-authored by Lee Strobel called "Exploring The Da Vinci Code" from a local book store. It is a pocket sized book. I thought it could stand in as the cliff notes version of the book written by (ahem, plagiarized?) by Brown. The book store charged two more dollars for it then I could have gotten it for online, but I guess that is the cost of shopping locally. In case you are wondering it was $4.99 plus tax.

I didn't read the *fiction* novel "The Da Vinci Code". Never will.


Can't imagine I would watch the movie either.

Anyway, I took the book to work and laid it on my desk, out in the open, to be seen by all. I worked this weekend and thought I might get to glance through it while waiting on the computer to process. Didn't happen. But then it occurred to me that maybe I should leave it on the desk. Maybe someone where I work is reading/watching the DVC and might have some questions or might want to actually read Strobel's book.

It has turned out to be a conversation piece.

One person I talked to talked about a lot of different things concerning the DVC, God, religion, the Holy Spirit, and being born again. In the end, when I asked them if they thought they would go to heaven if something happened to them today or tomorrow, they admitted they really didn't know.

Another person told me they read the DVC book, asked if I had, which I hadn't, but I offered Stobel's book to them if they wanted to read it. I think this person just might borrow it before it is over with.


1 John 4 (The Amplified Bible)

1 BELOVED, DO not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

2 By this you may know (perceive and recognize) the Spirit of God: every spirit which acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [actually] has become man and has come in the flesh is of God [has God for its source];

3 And every spirit which does not acknowledge and confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh [but would annul, destroy, sever, disunite Him] is not of God [does not proceed from Him]. This [nonconfession] is the [spirit] of the antichrist, [of] which you heard that it was coming, and now it is already in the world.

No comments: