Tuesday, February 07, 2006

reading in Hosea


Hosea 6 : 3 (The Amplified Bible)

"Yes, let us know (recognize, be acquainted with, and understand) Him; let us be zealous to know the Lord [to appreciate, give heed to, and cherish Him]. His going forth is prepared and certain as the dawn, and He will come to us as the [heavy] rain, as the latter rain that waters the earth."

I want to know God, not just know about him. Isaiah saw God and it scared him! In Isaiah chapter six (Amp), Isaiah says "...Woe is me! For I am undone and ruined...". Isaiah realized how pathetic he was compared to God, how unclean and unholy he was compared to God. Isaiah was offered and received forgiveness for his sin and responded to God's call by saying: "...Here am I; send me...".

Thankfully God sees us, the redeemed, through the applied blood of Jesus, and because of unmerited favor, we can have a relationship with Him! God wants to have a relationship with us. That is enough for me to respond! Jesus said: "...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me".

Think about it!

No comments: