Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Silvio Berlusconi, Napoleon, and Jesus Christ


Recently Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi compared himself to Napoleon. Now he says, “I am the Jesus Christ of politics”.

Why is he the Jesus Christ of politics? “I am a patient victim, I put up with everyone, I sacrifice myself for everyone.” Has Berlusconi just prophesied his death? Will he die on behalf of his countrymen? If so, will he be a victim or a savior?

I never thought of Jesus Christ as a victim. And I probably never will. Do you think Jesus was a victim?


John 10 : 14 - 18 (AMP)

14 I am the Good Shepherd; and I know and recognize My own, and My own know and recognize Me-- 15 Even as [truly as] the Father knows Me and I also know the Father--and I am giving My [very own] life and laying it down on behalf of the sheep. 16 And I have other sheep [beside these] that are not of this fold. I must bring and impel those also; and they will listen to My voice and heed My call, and so there will be [they will become] one flock under one Shepherd. 17 For this [reason] the Father loves Me, because I lay down My [own] life--to take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from Me. On the contrary, I lay it down voluntarily. [I put it from Myself.] I am authorized and have power to lay it down (to resign it) and I am authorized and have power to take it back again. These are the instructions (orders) which I have received [as My charge] from My Father.

3 comments:

ricki said...

You got this exactly right. On the other hand, as an Italian, and especially a politician, Berlusconi is 120% entertainer. ;-)

K-Fish said...

I should probably point out, I was humorously poking at Silvio in my comments. But the victim thing did jump out at me which led to more 'profound' thinking. At least it seemed more 'profound' at the time! hee hee Where's the emoticon when you need it! :-)

K-Fish said...

Berlusconi will be in the United States on Tuesday February 28 with President Bush. Berlusconi is described as one of America's closest allies in Europe and will be presented the Intrepid Freedom Award while in New York.